|Every week Monday
(Or the weekday at the beginning of week)
- Saturdays and National holidays
- University Foundation Day (Oct. 1st)
- New Year’s holiday （Dec. 27th-Jan.4th)
※See the Library Calendar for details. Changes in opening or service hours will be posted.
- Foreign journals: alphabetical order of the title
- Japanese journals: Japanese syllabary order by the title.
- Medical books: National Library of Medicine Classification (USA)
- Non-medical books: Nippon Decimal classification
- Books and journals are loaned out on certain conditions.
- To check out a book, present the book with your ID card or library card at the Service Counter.
|Circulation Limit||Loan Period|
|Books||3 items||1 week|
|Journals and Reference books||1 item||2 hours or overnight|
|AV materials||1 item||1 week|
- You may renew a book which you have on loan once before the due date unless someone else has placed a hold on it.
PENALTIES FOR OVERDUE BOOKS
- Please be aware that when an item is overdue for a certain period of time, you will not be able to check out any items at the Medical Branch for the same period of time.
TO PLACE A HOLD
- If the material you want is checked out to another user, you may ask the library staff at the library staff at the service counter to place a hold on it for you.
- You may place a hold yourself at the library OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) or from your home computer via the Internet.
- When the material is returned, it will be held for you.
LOOKING FOR MATERIALS
- To find materials, please use the OPAC found on the library website. The OPAC provides access by author, title, keywords in title and others, and will tell you where the materials are located.
- Public terminals for searching the OPAC terminals are available on the service counter and near the reference book corner on the 2nd floor.
- Materials can be copied in the library as long as they are within the limits of the Japanese Copyright Law.
- Fill out the application form before your photocopy.
- [University use] Please ask your department staff.
- [Personal use] Buy a copy card from the vending machine and use the copy machines in the copy corner.
- The Inter-Library Loan (ILL) gives access to books and photocopies of articles from other libraries which are not owned by the Medical Branch.
COPY & LOAN SERVICE
- Fill out the application form 『文献複写申込書』 at the service counter.
- A letter of introduction is available at the service counter.
- Staff at the library’s service counter can answer question in person, by telephone, via e-mail.